President Mandel has announced the upcoming retirement of vice president for finance and administration and treasurer Fred Puddester. Following is initial information about the plan to recruit Fred’s successor, with more details coming soon.
The search will be conducted by Spencer Stuart. The firm has assisted Williams with several recent senior-level searches, including the last presidential search.
The college’s own search committee roster is below. Please reach out to any of the members with thoughts, questions or suggestions of qualified candidates. The Spencer Stuart team will also meet with the Faculty Steering Committee, Williams Staff Committee and Staff Advisory Council during the process, so you can contact their members with your input, as well.
Finally, anyone is welcome to offer input directly, via the college’s form. Submissions related to the search will be forwarded to the search committee.
- Collette Chilton, Chief Investment Officer
- Keli Gail, Assistant to the President and Secretary of the College
- Marjorie Hirsch, Professor of Music
- Barron Koralesky, Chief Information Officer
- Dukes Love, Provost and Class of 1969 Professor of Economics
- Protik Majumder, Barclay Jermain Professor of Natural Philosophy
- Maud S. Mandel, President and Professor of History (committee chair)
- Ngonidzashe Munemo, Interim Vice President for Institutional Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Professor of Political Science and Chair of Global Studies
- Elizabeth Beshel Robinson ’90, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Eiko Maruko Siniawer ’97, Class of 1955 Memorial Professor of History
Many thanks to the members for contributing their time to this endeavor, and to everyone who supports good management of the college’s resources.